Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wariolord

State of the game / rant

6 posts in this topic

There are a couple of things, that i would like to mention.

1) First of all about Duar, he came out on september 30 -> in his preview we were promised a second 4th slot ability called berserker rush which nearly 3 month later is still not out.

Is this gonna be the same with Gayas second 3rd slot ability the moving plant ? ( We get a preview but then it never gets mentioned again until we forget about it ?)

2) On the Unnyhog twitter the post from december 14th shows a picture of the editor mode where you can have only 40 showels, 40 roads ?! and 40 walls ? ( why post something that doesn t correspond with the game or without any information of changes in this direction ? )

3) The so called rebalancing of abilities was a huge kick in the balls for players who have been around for a longer time and who payed higher prices of scrolls, atm i have to obtain new scrolls to be able to have the same power as before. ( some abilities especially the purple ones feel so unsatisfying to upgrade now. example: electric push gets a +2 on dmg when upgraded which is less then a 2% dmg boost-> this just feels terrible)

4) The bots you fight against and with feel even dumber after the latest patch, i have not have one game where at least one of the bots of my team was not doing anything for 10-15 seconds ( standing around experiencing the landscape or something)

5) Aqvium gained after battles is calculated in a bad way. explanation : Lamia, Aquia and Gaya are all champs who heal and do dmg, so they automatically have a bigger score then pure dmg champs. ( I had games where i had more then 10 kills with Neri i got around 1.8-2.5k aqvium , with lamia having 10 kills brought me sometimes 4.5 k aqvium just because she also heals with her abilities.)  So why should i ever play a pure dmg champ to farm aqvium ?

6) The problems the community had with planet defense ( trampoline traps being able to push people into places where they could not get out) was solved in a very lazy manner by introducing the teleport ability to this mode, while still restricting us with a path lenght of 20. In my opinion building a good defense atm is very hard and knowing that u will introduce armies later down the road, the teleport feature will probably disappear cause teleporting your armies over walls seems kind of overpowerd. 

7) Adding the traps, increasing the number of fire towers to 8 and increasing the upgrade lvls of the icetowers to 6 while not giving us a little more aqvium production or other possibilities to gain some, the game became much more of a grind which I find to be a little sad.

8) An Idea for the walls: Every time you upgrade all your 3 gates at a lvl the walls should also evolve ( visually and hp wise ) this would feel rewarding while not putting new aqvium costs on the table.

Thank you in advance and i wish you all a merry christmas

@Wariolord

Hi! Thank you for your thorough feedback. I will only answer to your 2nd question, leaving the rest to other guys, because I'm the person who usually makes posts on Twitter. 

Well, I'm sorry to hear that the planet editor screenshot is confusing for you. That wasn't my intention. My intention was to only show that a new feature is available in the game and you can use it. Nothing more.

The thing is it's not a screenshot from the game, it's rather a design mockup which are used in order to make interfaces for the game. Those mockups are made in advance and only when the corresponding window is ready and placed in the game the numbers are balanced. So what do you see on that picture isn't a good thing to use for discussion what numbers would be like. Because, for example, instead of 40 roads there could be 666 or xxx roads. And even if we placed real numbers, numbers could change with the time (balanced),  which will result to the same comment from your side, because it's pretty old tweet.

I hope I was clear.  Thank you for reading this.

Awards

@Margarita

Thank you very much for this explanation, this clears everything up that i had in mind about this post !

Hello,

1) We remember about those abilities, we just always find more important tasks to do and postpone those, but don't worry we'll add the spells.

3) I'm sorry, but we had to do some changes for the future convenience of players. It became much easier to predict what damage will be at the max level, etc...

4) We are always working on bots, hopefully they'll become much better for the next update.

5) True. We need to reconsider those numbers. @Pavel Ilyenko Please take a look

6) Actually teleport wasn't a solution for trampolines. Trampolines were fixed by themselves, and they can't push you to the mountains anymore. Teleport initially was added for Battle Royale, because you might find yourself being stuck there. So we decided to give it a shot in Invasions. Anyway, Invasions will be improved later, so don't worry.

7) This topic is really hard to discuss. From one side we can't ask you to grind very long, because you might get tired. From another side if you build everything very fast, you might become bored as well.

8) We are thinking about an option for players to upgrade all walls, like it's a single building. But you idea sounds good as well.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy that we have such players as you are ;)

@Pavel Ignatov

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time to answer all my points listed above, I hope I did not sound to harsh on some points.

Can t wait for updates :D happy holidays

Em 21/12/2017 em 21:10, Pavel Ignatov disse:

8) We are thinking about an option for players to upgrade all walls, like it's a single building.

Sounds good! ^_^