Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sendrik

Minions in clan wars

3 posts in this topic

*This is a copy of what i wrote in my thread on steam around 1 month ago,thought i post it here as well*

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just watched one of your podcasts,about guild wars.
There it was said,that a guild war would be a 3vs3 or maybe also a 5vs5 match.
And that you could donate aquium(hope i spelled that right)to upgrade the buildings of your guilds planet.

In addition to donating aquium,i would sugest something else.
It has been mentioned in the podcast,that a guild will be able to summon creatures in a guild war.
How about giving each guild member a new building for his own planet?
Maybe a,,enlisting den''.
Guild members could upgrade the den,just like the other buildings.
The den would be used to recruit soldiers for your guild.
The better your den,the better and more soldiers you can recruit.
To recruit soldiers for your guild,you have to spend ressources AND your time.
Like,play 5 arena and invasion matches with guild members.
After you meet the requirements,you see the soldiers in your den,where they are stored till you donate them to your guild.
Your den can only store a certain ammount of soldiers and you can only summon them once a day.
When you donate them to your guild,they are stored in the barracks(or the town hall).
There is a limit to how many soldiers you can store too.
Because every member can only summon soldiers ONCE each day,it will be important that the guild works together and everyone stays active and donates soldiers.
Those soldiers will be used in a guild war.
If there are no more soldiers in the barracks of your guild,you will have to fight in the guild war without any soldiers.
This would give your clan a huge dissadvantage,so you want to prevent that from happening,and make sure your guild members stay active and work together.
Another important aspect of this is,that each guild member can take part in the guild war indirectly,because his soldiers,that he donated,are fighting in the guild war,even if he is not one of the 3-5 players who are actively fighting in the guild war.

Lets go trough this step by step:

-You place the enlisting den on your planet
-You upgrade your den
-You donate ressources and do special missions with the help of other clan members everyday,to summon soldiers for your guild
-You donate the soldiers to your guild
-Your soldiers stay in the barracks of your guild,till they are used in the next guild war
-Soldiers that are used in a guild war,are lost and need to be replaced again

This would require some real teamwork,and each member can feel like they actually took part in the guild war,even if just 5 people fought in it.
A guild leader would always pick the best 5 people of his guild for a guild war,so the other members never get the chance to take part in it and shine.
But by donating soldiers,that cant be bought by just 1 player,they stay important and can support the guild.

Let me know what you think.
I just dont want that the whole teamplay of a guild,can be replaced by 1 member with money,because you can buy guild experience and you can buy aquium too.
A guild is a team project so teamplay should be required and unavoidable,if a guild wants to get stronger,no matter how much ressources and guild experience someone could buy.

Edited by Sendrik

Awards

its interesting but... adding to many buildings to a small planet... not to mention it makes it more difficult for new players to catch up... but they can fix that when they implement storage into the game, and probably guild benefits like reduced construction time

instead of a new building could just make a guild planet... team mates can meet up... i think its better that was you cant mix up the two... you got yr home planet for personal work then guild planet focused on team work

The idea behind this,is that clan members have to do something to help the clan,that only they can do.

If you join a clan that already has a maxed out planet,you may not feel very useful+if the clan already has too many minions stored,you cant do anything to help.

But if every clan member has to upgrade his recruiting den,thats a lot more teamwork,than having 1-2 people with money,who just buy enough ressources to max out the den instantly for the guild planet.

Even if you join a clan very late,you can still contribute by upgrading your den and donating minions,no matter how many members the clan already has.If a clan plans to take part in clan warfare often,they will need a lot of active members who donate minions.If the clan storage is full,a member can just keep some minions in his own storage on his planet,and donate them later,when the clan has some space again.You would be able to see who donated minions and how many.

As for your concern about not enough space on your planet:Yes,a storage feature would help.But the den could also have another feature,to make it more useful on your own planet.

Maybe you could decide to let some of the minions you recruited for your den,defend your planet instead,but only the area next to the den.

So even if the clans storage is full,players would still have a use for the minions they recruited.

Awards