Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ink

trampoline strategy

13 posts in this topic

see for your self. already made testing to make sure trampoline is 99% effective. it will only fail if you stick to much to the walls. but who cares. any one walks on the path and not stick to wall for guidance

Capture.PNG

heres the strategy for using trampoline. if you end up at the front of trampoline you can throw your attacker at most 3 blocks

Capture6.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture7.PNG

if the attacker step on the trampoline behind it can throw it short. 

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture8.PNG

so use your trap wisely like mine. thowing in spike with no escape

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I think this got fixed you cannot throw people over walls anymore i tried it earlier

it depend on how you use your trampoline. its all about the orientation. depend how someone step on the trampoline to maximize its effect.  how do you think i make akia in this position. it can throw short or long

Capture.PNG

heres my secret trampoline layout

Capture4.PNG

I have seen several "maze" layouts by now and I was sitting here looking at the different screenshots that you posted thinking to myself, "Ok, well at least this guy's maze looks fair." That is until I saw this screenshot:

19.png

This is precisely the problem with Trampolines right now, they can trap you with no way to escape, this is a very cheap tactic which needs to be removed.

Awards

i have suffer from one of those cheap tactics

Capture5.PNG

About 50% of the planets I encounter use this tactic, all I am trying to do is prevent this from happening. Essentially this is my idea for planet invasion: New Rule: You must be able to defeat your own defenses in order for your planet to be acceptable. (Even if you are not using this cheap tactic.) Think about this like the game Mario Maker where you can create your own Super Mario levels for other players to play, your game can not be submitted if it can not be completed because it if can not be completed then you haven't actually created a game, you've just created a level to intentionally troll people. Planet invasions should be 100% completable, if they are not then they are not fair and something needs to be done to balance it. I am perfectly fine with making invasions very difficult to complete but they should not be impossible and I have found quite a few worlds where it is literally impossible to win. (I can name a few off the top of my head but it is not my intention to blame the players for abusing bad game mechanics, if we just fix those mechanics then problem solved.)

Trampolines are just the first of many changes that needs to be made in order to make this happen. Well technically a few changes have already been made so I will give credit where credit is due, the devs are doing their best to sort this out and the team is relatively small so it's not like they can fix everything over night therefor patience is a virtue. (Unfortunately I am the most impatient person in the order. :P) It's just that in my opinion they need to be more proactive rather than reactive in the future and by that I mean have some people player test these things for a week or two before they are released and solve these issues before they become problems for the public. As much as I really like this update (honestly I was going to quit the game but then this update came out so I decided to stay) but it came with a lot of problems and frankly a lot of the issues are amateur level stuff that I have no idea how they did not catch before release, like no name or level displayed when you select a trap and no damage values in the info box, etc. This is embarrassingly bad, I'm sorry but it's true and worst of all, it's entirely preventable. I don't know, I just want to enjoy the game the same way that I used to do but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do that. And it's not just the recent update either, there's a lot of other stuff too but I won't go into it because a) its not really relevant to this topic and b) I try to be professionally courteous when I can help it. Anyway, that's my rant for the night. Happy gaming. B|

Awards

i made a testing to the new trampoline in 1.2.0 patch. it now officially for trolling. no practical use