Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zyonmkxq

Planet Invasion Discussion *Mega Thread*

14 posts in this topic

Here we will be continuing our discussion on planet edit & invasions as can be seen on the latest podcast which can be found here:  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/205553089##

Note: This podcast was prerecorded because of recent schedule conflicts. I recorded this a few days ago and merely started the stream and allowed this video to play so this was not live and therefor I did not/could not read the live comments on Twitch. So I apologize to anyone participating in the chat. 

So I have mentioned a lot of different topics in this podcast and I want to gather some feedback on which features you guys would want to see implemented. Please let me know which features you would like to see prioritized over the others. Here's a quick summary of most of the points I have made in the video:

1) Please add descriptions for each of the 3 icons below. Descriptions should include, what the icon represents, what it is used for and how you go about increasing the maximum limit for each. I think players can intuitively figure out the first and third on their own but I still have no idea what the middle one does.

z.png

2) Please add a right click option to remove "terrain paints." Right now you have to hit the undo button in order to remove a placed terrain paint.

z1.png

3) Please fix the right click option to remove walls. Currently pressing right click on anything but the two sides shown in the picture below adds more walls instead of deleting them. So right now hitting right click is the same as hitting left click unless you specifically click on the south east walls. The right click function should work no matter what side of the wall you click on.

z2.png

4) Please allow us to drag/move and rotate flora/fauna.

z4.png

z3.png

5) Please give us a little more flexibility for placing the Landing Zone. I tried moving it only 1 cell over which should still be within the maximum allowed range but it wouldn't let me place it there.

z5.png

Awards

@Zyonmkxq Can not we put the door where we want it? I made new walls and wanted to add the door to it. But i'm getting this error.

door.png

Yes, I was testing this yesterday and was getting the same error as well. @Pavel Ignatov Should be able to help, if you look at the test build right now you'll see that I've "broken" the gates. I think you can't place them on certain vertices, I have a rough idea of what I think the problem is, maybe I can make a video later explaining.

Awards

6) Please show the name of the trap when it is selected. As you can see, when you click on Fire Tower the name appears over it however when you click on any trap the name does not appear over it.

3.png

7) Please increase the maximum number of walls from 45 to 50. (The defense I want to build requires 49 walls.)

2.png

8) Please include damage info for traps.

1.png

9) Please fix the texture glitch with level 6 Mortars. 

4.png

10) Look at the Spikes, one is level 1 the other is level 6, can you tell which one is which? Now look at the Bombs, one is level 1, one is level 5 and one is level 6, can you tell which one is which? The only indicator that you have for Bombs being "maxed out" is that it is now suddenly lit, there is no difference between the other levels.

Please add transitional models for each stage differentiating one level from another.

5.png

Edit* After further testing it appears that Bombs do not "light up" at level 6 indicating that it is maxed out, it seems they just light up randomly as I was able to get one to light up at level 3 meaning there is no difference at all between the levels.

11) Please increase the area of effect for some of these traps, for instance the Bear Trap. After several practice runs I have found that it is difficult to spring some of these traps because their area of effect is too small, you usually wind up running right past them without ever setting them off. You have to literally run right on top of them in order to set them off, maybe extend it's reach by a bit. Alternatively, you can make it so each upgrade increases its reach by a little so that you set off the trap a small distance away from it.

6.png

12) In my opinion, the Trampoline Trap is utterly useless. It's a fun gimmick but is just a waste of space when it comes to planet defense. Maybe it can be repurposed for some kind of dungeon mode like it bounces you into a pitfall or something but right now it serves no practical function. Please remove it. Perhaps it can be replaced with something better, if you need some ideas for new traps in the future just ask and I will deliver.

7.png

Awards

After some testing here is what I found:

Trap 1: Damage: 35.
Trap 6: (Max) Damage: 42. Slightly longer stun.
Spikes 1: Damage: 30.
Spikes 6: (Max) Damage: 36. Slightly faster attacks.
Bomb 1: Damage: 140.
Bomb 6: (Max)  Damage: 175.
Trampoline 1: Damage 24.
Trampoline 6: (Max)  Damage 30. May or may not have further bounce.

1) We'll start with Traps, interestingly enough it doesn't just get +1 damage per level like Spikes and Trampoline, if it did it's max damage would be 40 at level 6 but for some reason it gets a random +2 somewhere. Overall this is a pretty good choice for a trap, though it does very low damage it more than makes up for it with it's stun ability.

2) Spikes only gets +1 damage per level and at max level seems to have a faster hit rate. This is the most expensive trap and in my opinion not worth investing in. It would need to have both improved damage and improved attack speed in order to be worth it.

3) Bombs get +7 damage per level and it doesn't seem to have any other benefit at max level. Like I had mentioned in the post above, I think each trap should have increased sensitivity/awareness per upgrade meaning you can set them off from a short distance away without needing to run directly over the trap. Regardless bombs are probably the best trap right now and gets my recommendation. 

4) Trampoline only gets +1 damage per level and I really can't tell if the bounce affect increases as well. The main problem is lining up the Trampolines so that they throw you in the same direction, I kept getting thrown in random angles. It seems like it may get a slight distance upgrade but I can't say for certain. In my opinion this trap is utterly useless and not worth investing in. Frankly it should just be either removed or replace and the aqvium invested in it should just be refunded.

Zyon's recommendation from highest to lowest priority. 

Bombs > Traps > Spikes > Trampoline

Honestly don't bother with Trampoline and wait for Spikes to be rebalanced before investing in them, get Bombs and Traps for now, that's all you really need.

Awards

Balance suggestions:

Traps    Spikes    Bombs    
Level 1:    35            40         140
Level 2:    36            42         148
Level 3:    37            44         156
Level 4:    38            46         164
Level 5:    39            48         172
Level 6:    40            50         180

Maybe slightly increase stun duration on traps by like 5-10% because it will do slightly less damage.
Increase Spikes attack speed for all levels by 50%.
Currently Spikes can attack a maximum of 4 times at level 1 and a maximum of 6 times at level 6, remove this and allow it to attack every time someone runs over it with no maximum limit. (Permanent trap.)
Slightly increase Mortar attack speed by like 5-10%. It should attack at the same speed as Ice Tower, currently it attacks slightly slower than it. It also loses some time because it has to turn in order to face it's target first before firing so slightly increasing it's attack speed helps with it's overall dps. I also encounter a glitch sometimes where if you are too close to a Mortar it will stop firing altogether and instead it will just twist back and forth and do nothing.

Awards

13) This one is similar to 5) Please allow for a little more leniency when it comes to the Landing Zone and placing paths. Right now a path must connect directly to the Landing Zone instead of just going around it as shown in the first image. This prevents being able to make a more creative design as shown in the second image. I'd like to be able to decorate the landing zone a bit better but currently I can not do this.

8.png9.png

14) With the recent increases to the maximum level for several buildings there should be corresponding upgrade quests to reward players with additional aqvium.

Buildings:
Upgrade Gates level 4: 0/3
Upgrade Gates level 5: 0/3
Upgrade Gates level 6: 0/3
Upgrade Fire Tower level 6: 0/4
Upgrade Mortar level 5: 0/2
Upgrade Mortar level 6: 0/2
Upgrade Ice Tower level 4: 0/2
Upgrade Ice Tower level 5: 0/2
Upgrade Ice Tower level 6: 0/2

15) With the recent addition of Traps to the game there should be corresponding upgrade quests to reward players with additional aqvium.
Traps:
Upgrade Spikes level 2: 0/4
Upgrade Spikes level 3: 0/4
Upgrade Spikes level 4: 0/4
Upgrade Spikes level 5: 0/4
Upgrade Spikes level 6: 0/4
Upgrade Bombs level 2: 0/4
Upgrade Bombs level 3: 0/4
Upgrade Bombs level 4: 0/4
Upgrade Bombs level 5: 0/4
Upgrade Bombs level 6: 0/4
Upgrade Trap level 2: 0/4
Upgrade Trap level 3: 0/4
Upgrade Trap level 4: 0/4
Upgrade Trap level 5: 0/4
Upgrade Trap level 6: 0/4

Awards

16) Please create some kind of filter/limit on who can be invaded. Before this update was implemented I would usually earn between 2k-3k aqvium per invasion, this is of course while invading bots and not real players. Now with this update the amount you earn is based on how much aqvium the player you invade has in storage. So if the player you invade has next to nothing in storage than you get next to nothing as a reward. Because of this I have been consistently hitting planets where the rewards for winning are only in the 100-500 aqvium range which is far lower than what my average was when facing bots. On top of this, it is also more difficult to invade planets now because of the new mechanic requiring you to destroy more of the player's base which means you are spending more time and using more effort and getting last back as a reward which just feels like an incredible waste of time.

So this is what I purpose, create a filter/limit where if you have under a certain amount of aqvium you simply can not be invaded. I don't know what the formula is for determining what the % is for a successful invade so I am just going to use 5% as an example. So let's say a player has 50k aqvium and if you get a 100% successful invade you can get a maximum of 5% of thier aqvium which would mean 2.5k aqvium in total. My suggestion is to create a filter where no one under lets say 30-40k aqvium can be invaded or whatever the formula would have it where you'd earn anything less than 1-2k aqvium per invade. Now you are probably thinking "what about newer players? they wont be able to invade at all then?" So you just make an exception for anyone with a Town Hall under level 3 or simply lock invasions until a player gets to a Town Hall of level 3. Or you make some kind of tier list where Town Hall level 1 cant invade anyone under 5k aqvium in storage, and just do +5k increments from there so Town Hall level 6 is 30k aqvium minimum. It's incredibly frustrating when all of your current available upgrades cost 200k+ and you are only making 100-500 aqvium per invade. Am I supposed to grind for a week for a single upgrade or what!? Most players would quit at this point...

11.png

Awards

13 minutes ago, Pavel Ignatov said:

Thank you for so much feedback, we are working on improvements :)

No problem, just make sure to read the whole thread, there's a lot of material to absorb. I'll make a video explaining how to salvage Trampolines hopefully tomorrow or when I can find some time to record. I'll do an in depth analysis for Battle Royale when it is released as well. Polish makes perfect. :D 

Awards

17) Please expand the list of available players that we are allowed to invade. Because of my current position in the "players" leader board I am only able to invade other players in the top 12 which means constantly grinding the same planets that I have already looted before. Since I have no choice but to constantly hit the same planets over and over again, those planets have very little aqvium now in their reserves so I am now only getting 100-500 aqvium per invade on average meanwhile those players are beginning to feel like I have some kind of personal vendetta against them because I keep invading them time and time again which is not intentional and completely out of my control. I spoke to player RL_llavex_RL about this earlier today, he was wondering why I keep invading him and I had to explain to him that it's random and not intentional.

He too has the same problem of only being able to invade the same handful of people so it's like the two of us are competing over the same "emptied" planets, neither one of us are gaining anything of value for our efforts at this point. So instead of being restricted to only invading players within 10 or so ranks of your current position, how about extend this out to like 50 or even 100? This way you can invade anyone within 50-100 ranks above or below you. The list of available players to invade will be restricted even further with the above mentioned filter from my previous post, preventing you from invading anyone under a certain aqvium limit so it is important to expand the amount of players you are able to invade to make up for this. 

12.png

By the way, the second Zyonmkxq under me is an imposter! :P It's actually just a clone resulting from me changing servers, please delete it when you get the chance.

18) For a better understanding for what I am about to write, please check the podcast at the time stamp of 1 hour 8 minutes and beyond. Okay so there are a few ways to "fix" Trampolines.

1) Remove them entirely. This one is pretty obvious and doesn't need further explanation.

2) Repurpose them for planets. This can be done in one of two ways.

2.1) Make them "assist" traps. Function: Push enemies into the path of other traps, upgrades increase base damage, it's "push" is static and does not increase with upgrades, it only pushes a target far enough to engage the trap in the same cell that it occupies. 

14.png

13.png

2.2) Turn them into "crushing" traps. Function: Crushes enemies dealing some decent damage, upgrades increase damage.

15.png

16.png

3) Repurpose them for dungeons. This can be done in a number of ways but I will just share two here so you can get the idea.

3.1) Make them push you into spiked walls.

17.png

3.2) Make them push you into corridor ceiling/floor traps.

18.png

Awards

19) Some of these new upgrades are way too expensive and I know why you did this too. People were complaining about having too much aqvium before and no where to spend it so what do you do? You first destroyed our ability to earn aqvium by removing it as a reward from regular arenas and then crippled us further with this new invasion update as we have no other option but to ransack the same dead planets of players who have long since quit the game as we earn this measly pittance of aqvium only a fraction of what we used to earn before. Then on top of that you hiked up the price of upgrades so ridiculously high that now it takes a week to save up enough to upgrade our turrets. Cool... That sounds like a reasonable reaction to player feedback... Or and bare with me on this one for a second, you could have done oh I don't know, literally anything else but this! Here's one, how about all of the new guild features that players have been begging for? I know it will take awhile before those features can be rolled out but how about not destroying the game until then? I know this sounds like a bizarre idea, I mean who would've thought that not ruining the game is actually a good thing but can we dial things back a little here?

Image result for mic drop gif

*Mic drop* 

Awards

I don't know if it's been mentioned, I'm currently too tired to read the entire thread (sorry Zyon), but since the last update it is no longer possible to enclose buildings in mountains. However, there are a lot of people who just haven't edited their planet since then, so it's still impossible to get 100% off them, which is kind of frustrating. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Awards

49 minutes ago, hetisjemarr said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, I'm currently too tired to read the entire thread (sorry Zyon), but since the last update it is no longer possible to enclose buildings in mountains. However, there are a lot of people who just haven't edited their planet since then, so it's still impossible to get 100% off them, which is kind of frustrating. Is there anything that can be done about this?

There should be a way in which all worlds can be scanned/detected and determined whether or not it is "viable" if it is not then it should be flagged until edits are made to make it viable again, when a planet is flagged it should be removed from the list of potential planets that can be invaded. If this is too difficult to implement then perhaps a manual way to flag planets from the in game user interface then a "report" can be sent, the world would be reviewed and if determined non-viable then same consequences as before. The only difference is option a) would be automatic and therefor would not require a judiciary and option b) would require players to essentially report planets which would have to be reviewed by a member of the staff thus wasting time.

Awards