1) Improved tutorial
2) Now you can select the arena before the match
3) Now you can skip the tutorial
4) Performance improvement
5) 2 new skins for Duar: Halloween Frankenstein and Lion King
6) Added 2 Halloween buildings as decorations

halloween_duar(1).jpghalloween_house.jpghalloween_mausoleum.jpg

Sounds really good !

Do you think about changing something about the matchmaking this patch ? ( Cause with the no 3v1+ not vs guildmates rules)

The matches vs real humans have become very rare. 

Do you think 3v1 is fair? Or even 2v1? What about a Champion vs a Silver tier? Look at this from the perspective of a new player. Would you want to continue playing after losing 50% of your games? This means making absolutely no progress in ranking. What about losing more than 50% of your games? This is what would happen for a lot of players before the match making balance. But let's play devil's advocate and let's say you win 2/3rds or 66% of your games, is it fair now? I mean you are still making progress just very very slowly... If you want more players to compete with at the top then newer players need to be encouraged to play long enough to get to the top and they are not going to do that if they keep getting matched in one sided battles where they have no real hope in winning.

Think of any player base as a pyramid, it's wider at the base and narrows as you go up. The most amount of players are going to be found near the bottom and as you move up in leagues you are going to find less and less people. So does it make more sense to cater match making for the dozen or so people at the top or for the thousands below them? Yes, this means people at the top might be bored while waiting for others to catch up and challenge them but in the mean time additional features like competitive leader boards, planet edit, increased level caps on buildings, boss mode etc. might help keep you guys entertained for awhile. Personally, I'd like to see a move toward more cooperative game play modes that way leagues essentially wont matter, in fact the higher the tiers you are placed with-the better! But right now the development team is still rather small and resources are very limited so certain things must be prioritized over others so I couldn't say when to expect such features to be implemented.

In the meantime, if you are starting to find that playing the game is getting a little stale then perhaps you would be interested in the suggestion/feedback side of things. Do you think some spells or characters are unbalanced and needs fixing, let us know. Have some ideas for additional features for the game, please inform us. And if that doesn't interest you, perhaps the community management side of things might. Spend a lot of time in the discord and want to collect valuable player suggestions for us? Let us know. Spend a lot of time in game and wish to be a player moderator? You'll have to speak to Lucas I think on that one. Maybe you'd like to help with streaming the game? There's tons of opportunities out there just waiting for you! All you need to do is consider giving it a try and see if you enjoy it. We value all our players and want to create an environment for which people can call their home. :)

Awards

I totally understand the 3v1/3v2/2v1 problem you explained above and I share your opinion about that completely, what bothers me more is the vs no guildmates rule.

As an example: I have several friends online from about 5-7 guilds, when we play as 3 from three different guilds this blocks us from a huge majority of our adversaries on our skill/rank lvl. I don t want to promote slaying your guildmates, I just think that maybe cutting in half the loosing points when u play vs a guildmate would be smarter at this young age of the game, then blocking the possibility to compete vs each other completely.

There is no 3vs1 or guild fights anymore, however 2vs1 might happen. It's a very personal thing. Some players prefer to play alone vs 2 players, some players don't like it, so there is no clear answer for that question.

The matches with real players became more rare because of changes in Match making. There are a lot of things, which MM now takes into consideration, so we need to increase user base to at least get to the same chance of playing with players. The biggest thing which affects MM now is the fact that you can choose arena, so you won't be matched with players. who chose a different arena.(this feature is available for a week, but players didn't see it yet, so it was picked by random on the client side).

We might add an option for you to chose not one, but several arenas. That will increase the chance to be matched with other players.

21 minutes ago, Wariolord said:

I totally understand the 3v1/3v2/2v1 problem you explained above and I share your opinion about that completely, what bothers me more is the vs no guildmates rule.

As an example: I have several friends online from about 5-7 guilds, when we play as 3 from three different guilds this blocks us from a huge majority of our adversaries on our skill/rank lvl. I don t want to promote slaying your guildmates, I just think that maybe cutting in half the loosing points when u play vs a guildmate would be smarter at this young age of the game, then blocking the possibility to compete vs each other completely.

Yes. We were just talking about cutting the amount of medals lost by 50% last night in fact. Glad to see we are on the same page. Perhaps the "vs no guild mate" feature can be relegated to a toggled option from the guild masters of those guilds, that way we can allow the players to decide for themselves whether or not they want to play against their own guild mates. You'd have to check in with Pavel about the technicalities of implementing such a feature but I definitely understand where you are coming from.

Awards

37 minutes ago, УБИВАТОР said:

It is just necessary to play putting the rating :D

Off topic, but I love your avatar! <3

Awards

18 minutes ago, Zyonmkxq said:

Off topic, but I love your avatar! <3

me too u :3 (see my profile ;))

Awards

24 minutes ago, УБИВАТОР said:

me too u :3 (see my profile ;))

Best profile ever! ;) I think you and me will get along just nicely. :)

Awards

I love updates... 

This update look awesome.

Awards

It would be good to charge associate the email before you can start the tutorial. It seems to me that there are some fake accounts, so I think associate the email before they can play would help.

Awards

We are trying to eliminate any barriers to enter the game for now, that's why we are not asking for email or anything like that.

19 hours ago, Zyonmkxq said:

Yes. We were just talking about cutting the amount of medals lost by 50% last night in fact. Glad to see we are on the same page. Perhaps the "vs no guild mate" feature can be relegated to a toggled option from the guild masters of those guilds, that way we can allow the players to decide for themselves whether or not they want to play against their own guild mates. You'd have to check in with Pavel about the technicalities of implementing such a feature but I definitely understand where you are coming from.

Why only guildmasters could toggle it ?

1 hour ago, Glaire163 said:

Why only guildmasters could toggle it ?

It doesn't necessarily have to be only GMs, we could also make different guild ranks with differing guild permissions so that lieutenant/officers (second in command) can also toggle this option. It would probably be quite difficult to implement this feature so that it applies to every individual member of the guild separately, so it would either have to be everyone within a guild can fight one another or no one can-which is a decision which should be left up to whoever is running that guild. The problem arises when you have one player who doesn't mind playing against guildmates and one that does, who is the tie breaker in this situation? This is a decision best left up to the players responsible for managing their guilds and if there are conflicts of opinion then its the obligation of the players of that guild to have a dialog with their leaders to discuss these sort of things. This way you can think of running a guild like managing a kingdom or business.

As far as inactive leaders go, we can implement a system where if a leader is inactive for more than say a week or two then their position becomes available for one of the second in commands to claim. Or we can have a democratic process in which members of the guild can vote for whoever they want to be the new leader. In either case, it definitely seems like a guild overhaul update might be necessary sometime in the future and we would very much appreciate any suggestions or feedback you and other players may have in order to help us to fine tune this concept so that it appeals to everyone's interests. We look forward to hearing some of your ideas!

Awards