Meissner Test

Latest Update (07/08/18)

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Update (07/08/18)

(1) Energy System and Level Rewards

• Energy system changed to have a higher max and regenerate energy more frequently. However, it now limits game play much more than before. 
    • Max Energy changed from 120 to 250
    • Level Energy Requirement changed from 5 to 20
    • Experience from levels decreased
    • Level difficulty significantly increased (previously could beat speed hell with 3 characters, now cannot even beat vampire hell with my best team)
  • Thus, a player can only do 12.5 battles using all energy instead of 24 battles, have to farm levels with much lower rewards due to increased difficulty, and get less experience for those battles.
  • Furthermore, this makes spending 25 green gems for max energy recharge not as valuable anymore.

(2) Hero Database

• I love the idea of the hero database. However, the text is a bit off. Not everything is translated into English and Power is listed three times instead of Def, Power, and Speed.

herodatabase.PNG

(3) New Planet Navigation

• I like the new visual display of the planets. There are just a few bugs and typos.
    • Stun planet has vampire rune symbol

isnuum.PNGisnuum2.PNG

• Vampire planet has stun rune symbol

lamiland.PNGlamiland2.PNG

(4) New 3-star hero abilities

• I like the new 3-star hero abilities for the most part, just a few bugs:
    • Elf doesn't attack at all in battle and his ability bar doesn't charge in battle. He just sits there doing nothing.
    • Queen's "Healing" Roar doesn't actually "heal" any more. So you might want to change the name.
    • Snegurochka's ability names also don't match the abilities very well. "Slide Balls" puts a shield up and "Fury Smash" restores HP. I really like Snegurochka's new abilities though and will definitely be adding her to my hero repertoire.
    • Lovely Girl's and several other hero ability names also don't match the abilities.
    • The numerous hero ability typos still have not been fixed even though I've mentioned them in 3 reviews now ("Voley Of True" should be "Volley of Truth" for instance).
    • Overall, my favorite heroes from this update are Snegurochka, Elf (if it is no longer bugged), and Lovely Girl.

(5) Visual

• Visually the heroes look good except they now have a glowing border around them that looks kind of strange such as the white border around Frankenstein for instance:

border.PNG

(6) New Friend Rewards

• I like the new friends rewards system, but please make it available for Steam. These rewards are amazing: epic scrolls (4-5 star heroes), magic scrolls, green gems, aqvium, etc. However, it is unfortunate that Steam users will not have access to any of these. It would be great if we could have in-game friends for these rewards.

friends.PNG

(7) Chat Bug

• Chat bug with the overlapping text boxes is still there (was reported after last update):

chatbug.PNG

(8) FAQ

• FAQ effects still show white boxes for quite of few of the effects (which I also reported after previous updates):

whiteboxes.PNG

• Here is an example of a white box effect on one of my heroes

whiteboxes2.PNG

(9) Super Slow Arena Battles

• Arena still go super slow sometimes as reported after the previous update. Even at 2x speed, the battle runs at slower than normal 1x speed. And if you change it to 1x speed when arena is running slow, then the whole battle occurs in slow-motion.

(10) Reveal True Power Achievement

• Even though it is no longer possible to reveal characters, the reveal 100 2-star characters achievement is still showing in the achievements list.

revealachievement.PNG

Edited by Meissner Test

Awards

Yay it feels much more difficult now my guess is that they did this to avoid too much afk-farming and people not paying attention to the game leaving just the auto-mode while doing some easy farming on planet strength or accuracy getting lots of scrolls, crystals and experience.
If that's the reason well i understand it, many times i set the game in auto-mode farming strength planet with no worries bout energy or getting my party killed, didn't need any strategy or paying attention, that encourage some kind of "lazy player" behavior but now i can't beat strength in hard stage and Hell stage well its impossible for my current top heroes.

Awards

Hello, thank you very much for the feedback.

We'll take a look at the bugs, no worries. I just wanted to mention that the recovery time for the energy was greatly reduced. SO even though you can spend the full energy much faster than before, that full energy also restores several times faster than before.

Hello Chancho!
About - "Elf doesn't attack at all in battle and his ability bar doesn't charge in battle. He just sits there doing nothing."

Elf is Melee hero. If he stay at second line and some heroes stay at first line, he can't attack before first line is died. 

Awards

Posted (edited)

@Pavel Ignatov Thank you for the reply. Yes, the energy recovery is much faster now (relative energy recharge seems the same as before) as you said making the energy change less drastic. However, it does still reduce the daily rewards (+30, +50, or +100 energy), the timer free energy rewards (+20 energy), the rewards from playing a story level (+1, +2, or +3 energy), and the benefit from buying energy recharges with green gems. Before, the story level rewards of +1, +2 or +3 energy made it so you could get over half the energy to play another battle. However, now even +3 energy doesn't make much of an impact when levels require 20 energy. Same with the daily and free energy. +20 energy is only one free battle twice a day. and the login rewards for day 4, 10, 14, and 20 are only 1.5 levels, 2.5 levels, 2.5 levels, and 5 levels respectively, which is not much considering they previously gave 6 levels, 10 levels, 10 levels, and 20 levels. It might be worth changing these rewards (daily, timer free energy, story rewards, and the energy recharge green gem cost) as well to reflect the higher energy requirements for levels. If you want to keep these the same as before, then I suggest the following changes:

• Daily rewards increased from +30/50/100 energy to +150/250/500 energy
    • To reflect the 5x energy cost of levels
  • Rewards from playing a story level increased from +1/2/3 to +5/10/15 energy
    • 5x energy cost of levels
  • Timer free energy rewards increased from +20 to +100 energy
    • 5x energy cost of levels
  • Green gem cost:
    • I do realise it has already decreased slightly as it used to be 27 green gems.
    • However, previously players could get +120 energy for instance for 27 green gems, which would allow for 24 levels at 5 energy per run. So for 27 gems, players could get 24 levels, which is about 1.125 gems/level.
    • Now it costs 20 energy per run and 250 max at the same level, which allows for 12.5 levels with a full energy run. At 25 gems for 12.5 levels, the gem yield is 2.0 gems/level, which is almost half the previous value.
    • If you want to keep the same value, then the gem cost should be 1.125 * 12.5 = 14.0625 gems. Thus, 14 gems per full energy recharge would keep the same gem to level value as before

@Pavel Ilyenko Thank you for explaining. You are right, if I put him on the front line, then he does attack just as you said. Sorry for misunderstanding this mechanic and I appreciate the explanation.

Edited by Meissner Test

Awards

Thank you again for all your hard work on this game! It is great to get to see all the new features as they are added and watch the characters become more balanced.

I'm glad you approve of the math. On the same note, if you want to keep the rewards and quest requirements similar to before, then you might also want to adjust the rewards from Daily Quests and the Special Quests (like Explorer Yoji):

• Daily Quests still only require players to spend 26 energy to get the reward, which only takes 2 levels with the new energy system.
    • This should probably be changed to require players to spend 130 energy to get the reward since players spend energy 5x faster.

dailyquests.PNG

• Special Quests: Explorer Yoji only gives 50 energy for 15 event currency, which is the same price as the 200% EXP for 24 hours booster.
    • Since energy is 5x more expensive, this might also fit better with the other rewards if it is increased 5x to give 250 energy instead of 50.

explorer yogi rewards.PNG

Awards

Change in energy consumption & regeneration is something i can live with, not so bad, not the thing i expected tho coz i liked the previous state much more, yea it was too "player friendly" allowing us to battle non-stop but we got used to it and with the new update the change seems bit hard or radical so gotta pay more attention in battles and move forward since farming low lvl planets isn't worth it anymore, anyway, the thing i didn't like is the increased difficulty, i had like 2-3 planets left to finish the game, the vampire planet, speed and uhh another one i can't remember, well now i cant even beat 4th or 5th planet in hell difficulty it's just impossible for my 4* heroes team, it was enough before but now they barely stand a chance in those planets with hard difficulty, eg: planet 4th "Morthor" previously known as "Power" was easy to complete in top/hell difficulty with 4* heroes wearing lvl 6-9 runes, now i can't beat the 1st wave of "pumpkins plants" lvl 291 minions.

So i moved to the 9th planet "Laneville" and finished the normal difficulty, it was ok not so hard, not so easy so my guess is that difficulty changed in order to be more challenging when you change the mode and not only according to the planet tier like it was before this update.
In the previous version difficulty increased the more you advanced through planets, 1st planet being the most easy to complete and the last planet the most difficult, changing the mode in the 1st planet from "normal" to "hard" or even "hell" still was easy enough, so we moved through planets beating all the difficulty stages till last 2-3 planets where the "normal" mode was much harder compared to any other previous planet.

Now it seems the game wants us to beat all the planets in the normal mode before trying something higher so it's easier to complete planet 1,2,3,4... in normal difficulty (this update) than completing planet 1 in normal, hard and hell difficulty (previous version).
Id guess we gonna need like 5* or 6* star heroes with 12+ lvl runes and good setup before trying any hard or hell difficulty even on planet 2 or 3, it makes sense if devs want extend the game before someone reaches last planet & last difficulty stage and reaching endgame with few things left to do like getting remaining characters or spending crystals leveling up runes to max, problem with this is 1) i saw no comment about all this in the update notes. 2) change is too drastic compared to previous version so in the future i would advise a complete update notes to understand better all the changes and avoid making players going around figuring out what else is different or finding huge remork & major changes with no previous announcement.& explanation how things work now.

ps: sorry Meissner for making comments in your topic but i think its better than making a new one with my engrish, by far you are giving the most detailed & valuable feedback at least in english coz ive seen lots of activity from russian players in other topics. thx man keep doing it pls.

Awards

@Meissner Test Thank you. The rewards will be changed accordingly in the next updates.

@chancho The difficulty might be to high right now. It happened because of so many changes and we didn't have time to test everything at once. With your help we are going to adjust the difficulty with the updates. Thank you for pointing at it.

Posted (edited)

All right that's why we are here to contribute in every possible way, ty for all your work Pavel, just gonna point out that increasing the difficulty depending on the planet tier is ok, the last planets must give a challenge regardless difficulty mode (normal, hard & hell) so with the current update and recent changes i think something like this would work and look better (actually i think its like this right now):

Normal difficulty is intended for 1* to 4* heroes with runes lvl 3, 6 or 9, Planets like Lanaville & Neribor would need 3-4* heroes with 6+ lvl runes or something like that.
Then hard difficulty would be focused on 4* to 5* heroes, runes lvl 9+ and its expected that players get 5* heroes with runes lvl 12+ when reaching Lanaville or Neribor to have a chance of winning and a decent but fair challenge.
Finally hell difficulty requirements will be like minimum 5* heroes, runes lvl 12+ and players should have some 6* already when reaching Lamiland, Lanaville & Neribor, the last planets.

So if someone with 3* heroes goes to Lanaville in hard difficulty hes gonna get crushed lol, thats fine, like in any other rpg you don't go to high lvl areas coz you know monsters gonna beat ya in one turn.

Before the recent update i finished normal, hard and hell in 5-6 planets so in the former "power" or "accuracy" planet the hell difficulty was easy, im sure thats something you devs didn't want because it doesn't make sense, hell difficulty should be extreme therefore the recent update is correct but unexpected and felt like a big nerf since we got used to fight & kill easily no matter what difficulty mode we choose. Again sorry for writing here Meissner. 

Edited by chancho

Awards

@chancho  No worries Chancho and no need to apologise. This is an open forum and it is great to hear your thoughts regarding the new updates. As for the difficulty, as you mentioned I actually like the game being more difficult as it gives us more to strive for. Before the previous update I could beat the hardest level in the game (Speed Hell) with 3 characters and use the other 2 slots to farm EXP. However, it felt a little empty since making my heroes stronger didn't matter as much without any more challenging levels. The new challenge is welcome, but the bosses and the first two waves have lost their balance in my opinion. Previously, the boss battle was much harder than the first two waves. Now, the first two waves are way harder than the boss. If I can just survive long enough to make it to the boss, then the boss battle is a very easy fight. It might be worth making the boss battles more difficult to match up better with the difficulty of the first two waves.

Awards