Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mootie Zen

Some ideas I hope Developers will consider

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is just a copy paste from a post I made in another thread, but it really needed its own. 

Some of these have bug reports mixed in with them but I tried to word them in a way that could still be understood.

Please read the "Possible solution..." and "Battle Royale" sections at the very least 9_9

==Towers==

This is just an annoyance when attempting to place a tower. When I'm moving, while selecting a tile for tower placement, sometimes when I try to click the green button the selected tile will change, moving the buttons with it. This sometimes selects an unusable tile, forcing me to move again while also struggling to press the correct buttons. This wouldn't ordinarily be a problem, however tile selection tends to vary and have a mind of it's own... It's a little complicated to explain and isn't always an issue, just that it will occasionally cost me a fight and makes me feel like a noob.

==Traps==

>A. Trap directional placements took a while for me to understand (I still haven't figured out how to change trap facement on home planet if it's even possible). From my experience they seem to change depending on several factors, ranging from your location on the planet to your camera's direction which changes as you travel along the globe. This is very noticeable when trying to set up a trampoline with other traps, since they don't always line up. I still don't fully understand the mechanics behind all this, and more specifically, why traps placed in one direction will sometimes line up with other traps but then other times they won't at all (my best guess being the shape and/or layout of the tiles causes this to happen).

>B. Placing traps with tactical precision during combat can be a pain due to auto attacks changing the way your character is facing, which changes the location and direction it faces on the tile. This wouldn't be a problem either, however I usually find it difficult or just plain impossible to cancel auto attacks. Clicking empty space doesn't always work which makes me wonder if I'm doing it wrong. >.< 

==Skills==

Sometimes skill casts are unresponsive and fail to cast.  I made sure they have charges, are not on cooldown, and the draw pattern shows the correct color; they just sometimes don't want to cast unless I draw the pattern several times. I haven't noticed a specific cause but it's usually more common during combat, especially when I'm under damage over time effects. 

>With that said, I understand some of these things are probably intentional, or that a solution may not be feasible. I also should add that some of those issues I mentioned may just be player error on my part and possibly related to my not-so-great internet connection. I'm not trying to complain and I hope it doesn't seem that way... I just want to help improve the game by bringing up potential bugs and mechanics that seem less than ideal to me. 

==Possible solution for the tower placement mechanics==

Make it so when you click the tower/trap from hotbar, the highlighted tile follows the mouse around the player (and for mobile alternative, you would tap the hotbar then touch and hold to select desired location), no further than the tiles directly beside the player tile, and once you release the mouse button (or lift your finger) the item is placed. It could be canceled by right clicking as long as left click is still held (or tapping a second finger next to the other before lifting). Keep in mind this could also work with all traps, too. If this idea was implemented I feel like it would potentially make combat feel more intense and less clunky while greatly improving the user experience in Battle Royale. 

One final set of ideas for Battle Royale

Similar to the random arena queue, create alternate maps and have them chosen randomly to spice things up. Each map would have a different layout and features that are unique to each one. 

>A few examples being:  

-Winter, Forest, and/or Swamp map skins. The more the merrier.

-A blizzard or snowstorm that forms on a random location which would deal minor damage over time, while slowing and periodically freezing anyone inside.

-Scattered mob camps that could drop special loot.

• Special loot could be unique powers/abilities that anyone can use (could be cast by drawing a circle, triangle, Z shape, or just add buttons)
  • A buff that empowers your next few auto attacks in various ways. For example:  attack 2 targets at once (will automatically attack the closet enemy to your target if in range), every other auto attack will stun the target for 1 second, your attacks pierce all incoming attacks, and/or attacks will explode on impact dealing aoe damage.
  • Chance for bonus crystals, unnycoins, gems, chests, or even loot that can be used on your home planet like decorations, toys, etc.

-A world boss event (this is a big one), that when spawned (say 2 minutes into the match, or randomly within the first 3 or so minutes) would create an alliance zone around it (aka a PvE zone) which would consist of an inner and outer circle.

• Anyone who enters the zone would become temporary allies as long as the zone remains active, unless the player leaves the zone for a set time.
  • The outer circle would act as a space for players to gather and prepare, and once a player enters the inner circle, the boss will begin combat and attack anyone inside the inner circle.
  • Players inside the zone are immune to all damage and effects from players outside the zone, and vice-versa.   
  • The boss will retreat if it remains out of combat for 2 minutes after spawning, even if there are players in the outer circle; this will prevent players from abusing the circle to avoid PvP for too long.
  • Attacking the boss will grant players a contribution score based on the total damage dealt as well as any healing done; the contribution score is shared with your partner if present. This score will be used to determine the reward, and marks you as a participant in the fight. 
  • Players killed by the boss would remain in a downed state without a death/resurrection timer until the boss retreats or is defeated.
  • If the boss is defeated, retreats, or defeats all participants, then an "Alliance over! PvP resumes in..." countdown would start, and all participants would receive a temporary speed buff to help spread out. 
  • If the boss is defeated, all participants still inside the circle would be resurrected, receive full health and gain a unique buff/perk/etc based on the player and partner's combined contribution to the boss.
  • If all participants are defeated or leave the zone for too long, the boss will retreat and all downed players will be resurrected with half health, followed by the "Alliance over" + speed buff scenario.
  • Any player with contribution who leaves the zone will have 5 seconds to return, or they forfeit the alliance and lose their contribution.
  • The boss should be very powerful; maybe give it a 1 hit KO area attack, a strong knockback cleave, maybe an almost-1-hit KO auto attacks that hits a different target every time... I have lots of ideas, just trying to keep the list short.
  •  All players in the alliance should be able to heal each other if they have healing abilities.

These ideas are still just a work in progress but I hope the developers can possibly make something fun with them. :)

Edited by Mootie Zen

interesting idea could                                                 bring more players together   
Em 19/03/2018 em 23:49, Mootie Zen disse:

A world boss event