Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Dale

arena search cancel bug

3 posts in this topic

So the way this bug works is if you are queuing for a match and your friend invites you and you accept it does not cancel yr search and you end up joining that match even though yr friend joined yr party... also tried canceling the search then accepting invite, canceling both invite and match and then invite my friend to party but all result in me entering the match (the one i searched for solo) without my party

oh also it sometimes shows the error message when you try to cancel the match search after you accept the invite

On 2/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, Suvitruf said:

Thanks for report. I'll look on it.

Also there appears to be another bug, where if I'm not in queue, and invite someone, specifically happens with Joatin HK, they will join arena without me. It may be related to the bug mentioned above, but sometimes queue can be really buggy with ready status. 

And this is unrelated but...

This is just an annoyance when attempting to place a tower. When I'm moving, while selecting a tile for tower placement, sometimes when I try to click the green button the selected tile will change, moving the buttons with it. This sometimes selects an unusable tile, forcing me to move again while also struggling to press the correct buttons. This wouldn't ordinarily be a problem, however tile selection tends to vary and have a mind of it's own... It's a little complicated to explain and isn't always an issue, just that it will occasionally cost me a fight and makes me feel like a noob.

>A. Trap directional placements took a while for me to understand (I still haven't figured out how to change trap facement on home planet if it's even possible). From my experience they seem to change depending on several factors, ranging from your location on the planet to your camera's direction which changes as you travel along the globe. This is very noticeable when trying to set up a trampoline with other traps, since they don't always line up. I still don't fully understand the mechanics behind all this, and more specifically, why traps placed in one direction will sometimes line up with other traps but then other times they won't at all (my best guess being the shape and/or layout of the tiles causes this to happen).

>B. Placing traps with tactical precision during combat can be a pain due to auto attacks changing the way your character is facing, which changes the location and direction it faces on the tile. This wouldn't be a problem either, however I usually find it difficult or just plain impossible to cancel auto attacks. Clicking empty space doesn't always work which makes me wonder if I'm doing it wrong. >.< 

Sometimes skill casts are unresponsive and fail to cast.  I made sure they have charges, are not on cooldown, and the draw pattern shows the correct color; they just sometimes don't want to cast unless I draw the pattern several times. I haven't noticed a specific cause but it's usually more common during combat, especially when I'm under damage over time effects. 

>With all of that said, I understand some of these things are probably intentional or that a solution would probably not be feasible. I also should add that some of those issues I mentioned may just be player error on my part and possibly related to my not-so-great internet connection. I'm not trying to complain and I hope it doesn't seem that way... I just want to help improve the game by bringing up potential bugs and mechanics that seem less than ideal to me. 

==Possible solution for the tower placement mechanics: Make it so when you click the tower/trap from hotbar, the highlighted tile follows the mouse around the player (and for mobile alternative, you would tap the hotbar then touch and hold to select desired location), no further than the tiles directly beside the player tile, and once you release the mouse button (or lift your finger) the item is placed. It could be canceled by right clicking as long as left click is still held (or tapping a second finger next to the other before lifting). Keep in mind this could also work with all traps, too. If this idea was implemented I feel like it would potentially make combat feel more intense and less clunky while greatly improving the user experience in Battle Royale. 

One final set of ideas for Battle Royale: Similar to the random arena queue, create alternate maps and have them chosen randomly to spice things up. Each map would have a different layout and features that are unique to each one. 

>A few examples being:  

• Winter, Forest, Swamp map skins
  • A blizzard or snowstorm that forms on a random location which would deal minor damage over time, while slowing and periodically freezing anyone inside
  • A challenging boss, basically like a world boss, that when spawned would create an alliance zone around it (aka a PvE zone) which would consist of an inner and outer circle, and anyone who enters the zone would become temporary allies as long as it remains active unless the player leaves the outer circle for a set time. The outer circle would act as a space for players to gather and prepare, and once a player enters the inner circle, the boss will begin combat and attack anyone inside the inner boss circle. Even if players are inside the circle, the boss will retreat if the it remains out of combat or idle for too long (I'd suggest a maximum of 2 minutes for players to gather and prepare, and no more than 40 seconds after each reset to allow any late arrivals and survivors to regroup); this will prevent players from abusing the circle to avoid PvP. Attacking the boss will grant players a contribution score used to calculate total damage dealt and any health done to other players which will be used to determine reward upon victory as well as marks you as a participant to the fight. Players killed by the boss would remain in a downed state without a death/resurrection timer until the boss is either defeated, retreats, or the player is resurrected by any player in the alliance. Once the boss is defeated, defeats all participants, or retreats, then an "Alliance over! PvP resumes in..." countdown would start, and all participants would receive a temporary speed buff to help spread out. If the boss is defeated, all participants still inside the circle would be instantly resurrected, receive full health and a unique buff/perk/etc based on the player and partner's combined contribution to the boss fight. If all players with contribution are defeated or leave the outer circle before the boss resets, all downed players will be resurrected with half health followed by the countdown to resume PvP and temporary speed buffs. If all participants who aren't downed leave the inner circle but remain in the outer circle, it will force the boss to reset and clear all contribution earned from the fight with the exception of downed players who retain their contribution and remain in that state until one of the conditions mentioned above are met, however receiving a resurrection from another player will prevent you from gaining any contribution for the current battle unless the boss resets again. Upon leaving the outer circle, any player with contribution for the active boss encounter will receive a 5 second PvP immunity timer which will allow them to keep their contribution/progress and continue fighting if they return to the outer circle before it reaches 0, or allow them to move a short distance from the rest of the players and abandon the fight. The boss will only reset up to 3 times, and will not reset if all players are defeated inside the inner and outer circles or the last remaining survivor with contribution leaves the outer circle for at least 5 seconds, after which the boss will retreat. The boss should be very powerful with a somewhat rare but easy-to-dodge area attack that is a 1-hit KO, a few different area attacks, a strong almost-1-hit KO auto attack that changes targets with each hit, and maybe a knockback attack. All players inside the alliance should be able to heal other with healing abilities, given the somewhat long cooldowns, charges, and the boss being very strong.
  • Scattered mob camps that could drop special loot

Apologies for this extremely long post, I got really into it and a bit carried away. 

Edited by Mootie Zen
Formatting was really messed up after posting